Once people with drug or alcohol addiction make the brave decision to seek out professional help, one of the first questions that is commonly asked is how long are they going to be in a treatment facility. The answer to that question often differs depending on the person’s needs and perhaps the rehabilitation center.
Alina Lodge, one of the premier addiction treatment facilities in New Jersey, specializes in longer lengths of stay than many other treatment centers. One of our most successful approaches is our 90-day drug rehab program.
Why Is There a 90-Day Program?
Other treatment programs may have a person stay at a residential facility for fourteen or even thirty days. However, the experienced team at Alina Lodge has found that the longer the length of stay for people in treatment, the higher the rate of long-lasting sobriety.
In fact, according to a study published in the Archives of General Psychiatry, 35% of those in treatment for less than ninety days reported drug use the following year versus 17% of people who were in treatment ninety days or over reported relapse in the following year.
So, why does Alina Lodge have a 90-day program? We have a 90-day program because we are genuinely invested in our students’ ability to abstain from drug and alcohol abuse for many years to come.
What Is a 90-Day Program Like?
A 90-day program at Alina Lodge will include some or all of the following:
- Individual therapy sessions, including clinically-based approaches like traditional cognitive-behavioral therapy and more cutting-edge methods like dialectical behavior therapy
- Group therapy sessions, in which you will work on communication skills and gain the insights of your peers in recovery as you develop the social support network that will follow you throughout your recovery journey
- Family therapy, in which you will work on healing the relationships damaged by your substance use and work on strengthening family relationships
- Mindfulness-based relapse prevention therapy aimed at decreasing your chance of relapse once you are no longer in our care
- Grief therapy for students whose experience of loss has played a role in their substance use problems
Benefits of a 90-Day Program
The Alina Lodge team’s 90-day program can be an effective solution for drug and alcohol addiction for many people.
Our 90-day program gives an appropriate amount of time for our students to:
- Get away from triggers – Generally, a thirty-day rehabilitation doesn’t give a person enough time to detach from people or places that may trigger a relapse. The 90-day program gives our students approximately three months to identify triggers in their lives and learn how to avoid them when they leave treatment.
- Solidify recovery skills – Skills such as managing interpersonal relationships, engaging in conflict resolution, and exercising personal discipline are essential for long-lasting sobriety. Ninety days gives our students plenty of time to master these skills.
- Allow their brains to change a habit – Scientific evidence shows it takes approximately ninety days for the brain to reset itself and shake off the effects of addiction.
- Get a better sense of self – Ninety days is the perfect amount of time for our students to reacquaint themselves with who they are without drugs or alcohol. It may have been since some of our students have had a chance to see who they are when sober.
Find Out More About Alina Lodge’s 90-Day Program Today
The bottom line is that the Alina Lodge team wants to create a treatment program that will help our students to remain free from drugs and alcohol for many years in the future. Part of the treatment is the length of stay, and we have found that our 90-day program has been a successful approach for many of our students.
Discover more information about our 90-day program today by contacting us by either calling 833.685.1700 or completing our convenient online form.
For over 60 years, Alina Lodge has been at the forefront of addiction treatment, and today is widely considered to be among the top residential addiction treatment programs in the United States. Our 90-day and long-term treatment programs allow us to take the time to understand the root causes of addiction and ensure that once our “students” graduate from our program, they have the tools they need for lifelong recovery. It is this kind of attention to the unique needs of each of our students that has earned us the reputation we have today.To learn more about our treatment programs visit https://www.alinalodge.org today.